- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Nine area CTC students earn achievement award
Nine students from the Cape Career and Technology Center are being recognized for demonstrating superior achievement on the 2010 High Schools That Work (HSTW) Assessment. They have completed a college preparatory course of study and demonstrated a superior score on the 2010 HSTW Assessment.
The nine students and their high schools are Ashley Glaus, Delta; Ashley Lucas, Cape Central; Andrew Webre , Cape Central; Coleman Wichert, Notre Dame; Jessica Voshage, Jackson; Hanna Hamilton, Cape Central; Adam Mouser, Cape Central; Chayli Richardson, Cape Central; and Marida Faller, Cape Central.
"These students have excelled and are some of the best from our Programs at CTC," said CTC Director Rich Payne. "The HSTW assessment and The Southern Regional Education Board are a National Standard, and we are very proud of this accomplishment demonstrated by our students."
Of the 3,500 Missouri seniors who took the 2010 HSTW Assessment, only 690 qualified for the Award of Educational Achievement. The Career and Technology Center is located on S. Silver Springs Road, and is a part of Cape Girardeau Public Schools. The CTC offers technical training to the region for secondary and post-secondary students in both the day and evening.