- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Nine area CTC students earn achievement award
Nine students from the Cape Career and Technology Center are being recognized for demonstrating superior achievement on the 2010 High Schools That Work (HSTW) Assessment. They have completed a college preparatory course of study and demonstrated a superior score on the 2010 HSTW Assessment.
The nine students and their high schools are Ashley Glaus, Delta; Ashley Lucas, Cape Central; Andrew Webre , Cape Central; Coleman Wichert, Notre Dame; Jessica Voshage, Jackson; Hanna Hamilton, Cape Central; Adam Mouser, Cape Central; Chayli Richardson, Cape Central; and Marida Faller, Cape Central.
"These students have excelled and are some of the best from our Programs at CTC," said CTC Director Rich Payne. "The HSTW assessment and The Southern Regional Education Board are a National Standard, and we are very proud of this accomplishment demonstrated by our students."
Of the 3,500 Missouri seniors who took the 2010 HSTW Assessment, only 690 qualified for the Award of Educational Achievement. The Career and Technology Center is located on S. Silver Springs Road, and is a part of Cape Girardeau Public Schools. The CTC offers technical training to the region for secondary and post-secondary students in both the day and evening.