- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Nine area CTC students earn achievement award
Nine students from the Cape Career and Technology Center are being recognized for demonstrating superior achievement on the 2010 High Schools That Work (HSTW) Assessment. They have completed a college preparatory course of study and demonstrated a superior score on the 2010 HSTW Assessment.
The nine students and their high schools are Ashley Glaus, Delta; Ashley Lucas, Cape Central; Andrew Webre , Cape Central; Coleman Wichert, Notre Dame; Jessica Voshage, Jackson; Hanna Hamilton, Cape Central; Adam Mouser, Cape Central; Chayli Richardson, Cape Central; and Marida Faller, Cape Central.
"These students have excelled and are some of the best from our Programs at CTC," said CTC Director Rich Payne. "The HSTW assessment and The Southern Regional Education Board are a National Standard, and we are very proud of this accomplishment demonstrated by our students."
Of the 3,500 Missouri seniors who took the 2010 HSTW Assessment, only 690 qualified for the Award of Educational Achievement. The Career and Technology Center is located on S. Silver Springs Road, and is a part of Cape Girardeau Public Schools. The CTC offers technical training to the region for secondary and post-secondary students in both the day and evening.