- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Nine area CTC students earn achievement award
Nine students from the Cape Career and Technology Center are being recognized for demonstrating superior achievement on the 2010 High Schools That Work (HSTW) Assessment. They have completed a college preparatory course of study and demonstrated a superior score on the 2010 HSTW Assessment.
The nine students and their high schools are Ashley Glaus, Delta; Ashley Lucas, Cape Central; Andrew Webre , Cape Central; Coleman Wichert, Notre Dame; Jessica Voshage, Jackson; Hanna Hamilton, Cape Central; Adam Mouser, Cape Central; Chayli Richardson, Cape Central; and Marida Faller, Cape Central.
"These students have excelled and are some of the best from our Programs at CTC," said CTC Director Rich Payne. "The HSTW assessment and The Southern Regional Education Board are a National Standard, and we are very proud of this accomplishment demonstrated by our students."
Of the 3,500 Missouri seniors who took the 2010 HSTW Assessment, only 690 qualified for the Award of Educational Achievement. The Career and Technology Center is located on S. Silver Springs Road, and is a part of Cape Girardeau Public Schools. The CTC offers technical training to the region for secondary and post-secondary students in both the day and evening.