- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Nine area CTC students earn achievement award
Nine students from the Cape Career and Technology Center are being recognized for demonstrating superior achievement on the 2010 High Schools That Work (HSTW) Assessment. They have completed a college preparatory course of study and demonstrated a superior score on the 2010 HSTW Assessment.
The nine students and their high schools are Ashley Glaus, Delta; Ashley Lucas, Cape Central; Andrew Webre , Cape Central; Coleman Wichert, Notre Dame; Jessica Voshage, Jackson; Hanna Hamilton, Cape Central; Adam Mouser, Cape Central; Chayli Richardson, Cape Central; and Marida Faller, Cape Central.
"These students have excelled and are some of the best from our Programs at CTC," said CTC Director Rich Payne. "The HSTW assessment and The Southern Regional Education Board are a National Standard, and we are very proud of this accomplishment demonstrated by our students."
Of the 3,500 Missouri seniors who took the 2010 HSTW Assessment, only 690 qualified for the Award of Educational Achievement. The Career and Technology Center is located on S. Silver Springs Road, and is a part of Cape Girardeau Public Schools. The CTC offers technical training to the region for secondary and post-secondary students in both the day and evening.