- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
PHS students receive March PBS awards
Perryville High School students and staff members were recently recognized for going above and beyond the PBS (Positive Behavior Support program) expectations for the month of March.
The students were issued Buccaneer Bucks by administrators and faculty members for demonstrating their exceptional behavior, which they then redeemed for a free homework pass, free admission to one athletic event, a free drink and snack from the concession stand, $1.00 off a library fine, or free admission to one school dance. Once redeemed, their Buccaneer Bucks were entered into the monthly PBS drawing.
The winners of the March drawing were: Samuel Foster, son of Mark and Judith Foster; Alicia Zoellner, daughter of Douglas and Karen Zoellner; and Geramy Bonnette, son of Angela Bonnette.
Teachers are also eligible for the monthly drawing for going above and beyond expectations. Recognized for the month of March was Brent Broeking.
All winners received a $10 gift certificate to Hoeckele Bakery.