- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Morning fire destroys Cape Girardeau mobile home
A fire destroyed a vacant Cape Girardeau mobile home earlier this morning.
Battalion chief Brad Dillow of the Cape Girardeau Fire Department said that crews arrived at 1927 N. Kingshighway, lot 54, at 2:52 a.m. to find flames and smoke coming from the home. Initially the fire was too intense for firefighters to be able to enter the home, Dillow said, but shortly afterward crews were able to go into the structure.
Within 30 minutes crews had the fire under control, though they remained at the scene for about two-and-a-half hours. Dillow said the home was a total loss and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
1927 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO