- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Pearl McManus, 98, of Delta passed away Tuesday, April 20, 2010, at the home of a daughter.
She was born Jan. 8, 1912, in Crump, daughter of Lee and Effie McElreath Stroder. She and Frenton H. McManus were married Oct. 3, 1929. He passed away May 23, 1998.
Pearl and Frenton lived on a farm near Crump from 1929 to 1932, then moved to a farm south of Burfordville, and in 1950 moved to a farm at Delta. She was a member of Delta First Baptist Church and its ladies quilting group.
Loving survivors include a son, Bob (Retha) McManus of Delta; two daughters, Evelyn Gass of Cape Girardeau, Ella Dee (Claude) Jinks of Houston; a brother, Floyd Lee Stroder of Randles; seven grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Billy E. McManus in 1953; two granddaughters; a great- granddaughter; a great-grandson; two brothers; two sisters; and a son-in-law, Robert Gass.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday at Delta First Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Delta First Baptist Church.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.