- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Sowers: A fact-based campaign
EDITOR'S NOTE: According to Rep. Jo Ann Emerson's staff in Washington, D.C., Emerson did not actually attend the American League of Lobbyists luncheon. Emerson also didn't have a fundraiser that same night at Charlie Palmer Steakhouse. Information in the letter below is inaccurate.
In Sunday's front-page article, Jo Ann Emerson spokesman Jeff Connor was quoted as saying that I have made trips to both coasts for fundraisers. This statement was false.
We are running a fact-based campaign. Apparently Jeff Connor is not encumbered by facts or the truth. Before readers accept future statements from Mr. Connor or the Emerson campaign, I would recommend they do their own fact-checking.
Here are the facts that Mr. Connor will unlikely speak about. Tuesday, I met with farmers and veterans in Pemiscot and Dunklin counties. Jo Ann Emerson spoke at a lunch sponsored by the American League of Lobbyists. Later on that evening, she had a fundraising dinner at the Charlie Palmer Steakhouse in Washington, D.C., at the price of $1,000 per plate. This is the second fundraiser she's had at Charlie Palmer in 2010. I am betting that not many folks from Southeast Missouri attended.
TOMMY SOWERS, P.O. Box 1396, Rolla, Mo.