- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
23rd Annual Charles L. Hutson Auction to Benefit Downtown
Cape Girardeau -- The 23rd Annual Charles L. Hutson Auction will take place on Friday, April 30th at 6:30 p.m. in the Riverview Room of Buckner Brewing Company. The event will follow a fiesta theme with live music and food catered by Buckner Brewing Company.
Both a silent auction and live auction are planned with exciting items donated from local businesses including fine jewelry, antiques, artwork, and much more. The auction is the largest annual fundraiser for Old Town Cape which is a 501(c)3 organization. All proceeds benefit Old Town Cape and downtown revitalization efforts.
Auction coordinator and Old Town Cape volunteer Jerra Hutson says, "I love planning this auction
because it is always such a fun event. But more importantly, we have been a part of downtown for over 60 years. There is such synergy in downtown today and we not only want our business to be a part of it, but want to do what we can to keep it moving forward. This is my way of helping."
Marla Mills, Executive Director of Old Town Cape comments that "The festive atmosphere does make for a fun night. And to Old Town Cape and downtown, this auction is really very important to ensure our continued success."
Tickets are $30 each or $280 for a table of 8 and can be purchased at Old Town Cape by calling (573) 334-8085. Tickets will also be available at the door.
Old Town Cape is a nationally accredited Main Street Program that works to build a downtown community that cherishes its past and is an economically viable district in which the citizens of Cape Girardeau can live, work and play.