- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
17 teenagers arrested for drinking when police bust party
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Seventeen teens were taken into custody for charges of underage drinking over the weekend, the Sikeston Standard Democrat reported.
Just after 11 p.m. Saturday, officers with the Sikeston Department of Public Safety arrived at 310 County Line Road in response to a call regarding a disturbance at the private residence. Upon arrival, officers found approximately 30 young people hiding beer, officials said. The home owners were not present, according to reports.
Portable breath tests were given at the scene, and 17 were transported to DPS headquarters where a Breathalyzer was administered. They were later released, and charges for minor in possession of alcohol are pending.