- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Perryville residents injured in pair of weekend crashes
Two accidents involving an overturned ATV and Jeep Cherokee left four Perryville residents in serious condition over the weekend.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash reports website, the first accident occurred Saturday at 6:50 p.m. A 2006 Bombardier ATV driven by Ronald J. Berkbuegler, 57, was traveling southbound on County Road 822 when he lost control of the vehicle. The ATV then traveled off the right side of the roadway, struck a tree and overturned.
Berkbuegler and the passenger, Marilyn K. Berkbuegler, were ejected from the ATV.
The following day a 1997 Jeep Cherokee driven by Amy R. Horman, 24, traveled off the right side of Route B, .6 miles north of Route K. The Cherokee struck a culvert and overturned around 1:45 p.m., sending Horman and the passenger, Amber D. Dippold, 23, to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
Those involved in the two accidents were not wearing a safety device.