- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)2
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Sikeston, Missouri Native, Barbara Watkins Visits Blytheville, Ark.
(I-Newswire) April 16, 2010 - Sikeston, Missouri author, Barbara Watkins will be on hand to sign copies of her book, Nightmares and Daydreams, at 'That Bookstore' in Blytheville, Ark on May 1st from 1:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
Her articles on various subjects, short stories, and poetry, have appeared in The Heartland Writers Guild, 2008 New York Skyline Review, and several on-line publications.
Barbara Watkins is a member of The Heartland Writers Guild in Missouri. Her charitable contributions include supporting the Partner in Hope program through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For more info on Mrs. Watkins or her literary contributions, please visit her web site.
Always enjoying the knack of story telling, she decided to put pen to paper in hopes that someday she might share her creative writings, and with her first published release, 'Behind the Red Door' she succeeded in doing just that. In a recent interview she was quoted as saying, "Through my writing I may never get wealthy by monetary standards, but my lust to seek self-expression and evoke ones inner feelings will never cease."
Currently she has completed her first full-length novel entitled, 'Hollowing Screams,' a psychological thriller bursting with intrigue, murder, and suspense.