- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Sikeston, Missouri Native, Barbara Watkins Visits Blytheville, Ark.
(I-Newswire) April 16, 2010 - Sikeston, Missouri author, Barbara Watkins will be on hand to sign copies of her book, Nightmares and Daydreams, at 'That Bookstore' in Blytheville, Ark on May 1st from 1:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
Her articles on various subjects, short stories, and poetry, have appeared in The Heartland Writers Guild, 2008 New York Skyline Review, and several on-line publications.
Barbara Watkins is a member of The Heartland Writers Guild in Missouri. Her charitable contributions include supporting the Partner in Hope program through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For more info on Mrs. Watkins or her literary contributions, please visit her web site.
Always enjoying the knack of story telling, she decided to put pen to paper in hopes that someday she might share her creative writings, and with her first published release, 'Behind the Red Door' she succeeded in doing just that. In a recent interview she was quoted as saying, "Through my writing I may never get wealthy by monetary standards, but my lust to seek self-expression and evoke ones inner feelings will never cease."
Currently she has completed her first full-length novel entitled, 'Hollowing Screams,' a psychological thriller bursting with intrigue, murder, and suspense.