- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)5
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)8
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Sikeston, Missouri Native, Barbara Watkins Visits Blytheville, Ark.
(I-Newswire) April 16, 2010 - Sikeston, Missouri author, Barbara Watkins will be on hand to sign copies of her book, Nightmares and Daydreams, at 'That Bookstore' in Blytheville, Ark on May 1st from 1:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
Her articles on various subjects, short stories, and poetry, have appeared in The Heartland Writers Guild, 2008 New York Skyline Review, and several on-line publications.
Barbara Watkins is a member of The Heartland Writers Guild in Missouri. Her charitable contributions include supporting the Partner in Hope program through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For more info on Mrs. Watkins or her literary contributions, please visit her web site.
Always enjoying the knack of story telling, she decided to put pen to paper in hopes that someday she might share her creative writings, and with her first published release, 'Behind the Red Door' she succeeded in doing just that. In a recent interview she was quoted as saying, "Through my writing I may never get wealthy by monetary standards, but my lust to seek self-expression and evoke ones inner feelings will never cease."
Currently she has completed her first full-length novel entitled, 'Hollowing Screams,' a psychological thriller bursting with intrigue, murder, and suspense.