- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Sikeston, Missouri Native, Barbara Watkins Visits Blytheville, Ark.
(I-Newswire) April 16, 2010 - Sikeston, Missouri author, Barbara Watkins will be on hand to sign copies of her book, Nightmares and Daydreams, at 'That Bookstore' in Blytheville, Ark on May 1st from 1:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
Her articles on various subjects, short stories, and poetry, have appeared in The Heartland Writers Guild, 2008 New York Skyline Review, and several on-line publications.
Barbara Watkins is a member of The Heartland Writers Guild in Missouri. Her charitable contributions include supporting the Partner in Hope program through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For more info on Mrs. Watkins or her literary contributions, please visit her web site.
Always enjoying the knack of story telling, she decided to put pen to paper in hopes that someday she might share her creative writings, and with her first published release, 'Behind the Red Door' she succeeded in doing just that. In a recent interview she was quoted as saying, "Through my writing I may never get wealthy by monetary standards, but my lust to seek self-expression and evoke ones inner feelings will never cease."
Currently she has completed her first full-length novel entitled, 'Hollowing Screams,' a psychological thriller bursting with intrigue, murder, and suspense.