- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Board of Aldermen agenda 4/19/10
7:30 p.m. today
Jackson City Hall
1 Barton Square
* Accept the certified election results for the April 6 municipal election.
* Appoint Mayor Barbara Lohr to serve on the Partnership Advisory Committee.
* Approve $19,150 to Allen & Hoshall of Memphis, Tenn., for providing engineering services under the Power Plant Engine Silencer Replacement Project.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. May 17 to consider a special-use permit request for gun and ammunition sales at 529 W. Main St. in a C-3 (Central Business) District.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. May 17 to consider a request to modify the special conditions attached to an existing special-use permit for a private baseball field at 425 E. Deerwood Drive as submitted by the Jackson Area Baseball Association.
* Authorize the closure of sections of Oak Street, Broad-ridge Drive, Orchard Drive and N. West Lane between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m May 14. for the Sharlett Eftink Benefit Walk.
* Support of a request to the Missouri Department of Transportation, for a break in access in East Jackson Boulevard relative to the South Old Orchard Road Improvement Project, phase five.
* Approve the rezoning of the future lots in Pioneer Orchard subdivision phases seven through 10 from Single-Family Residential) District to R-2 (Single-Family Residential) District and R-3 (One and Two-Family Residential) District.
* Invoke provisions the city code of ordinances to rezone the future Lots No. 59 and 60 in Pioneer Orchard subdivision phase eight from R-1 (Single-Family Residential) District to R-2 (Single-Family Residential) District, in lieu of the requested zoning change to R-3 (One and Two- Family Residential) District.
* Approve the preliminary plat of Pioneer Orchard subdivision phases seven through 10.
* Approve the preliminary plat of Pioneer Orchard subdivision phases seven through ten contingent upon the approval of the rezoning of the future lots of Pioneer Orchard subdivision phases seven through 10.