- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
It takes all of us. -- Nancy Thompson, Orchard Drive Elementary School
I want them walking away knowing I care about them. -- Alisha Turley, Jackson Middle School
I want them to know who they are and what they stand for. -- Tammy Ernstmeyer, St. Paul Lutheran School
If you wanted to summarize the philosophy of excellence in teaching, consider the remarks of these teachers, who were among the five honored recently with Jackson Chamber of Commerce Educator of the Year awards.
Also receiving the award were Christy Shinn, of Jackson High School, and Shannon Heisserer, elementary instructional facilitator for the Jackson School District.
Good teachers are inspirational. They inspire students to do their best work. They inspire other teachers to meet their daily classroom challenges. They inspire parents to take active roles in their children's education.
Students in Jackson's public and parochial schools are fortunate to have teachers like these.
Hats off to this year's Educator of the Year honorees. And a special thanks to all teachers who give our children expert guidance and encouragement.