- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Brown - Overbey
John and Melissa Strickert of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Katie Brown, to Douglas Overbey. He is the son of Dan and Gail Overbey of Cape Girardeau.
Brown is a 2006 graduate of Jackson High School. She expects to receive a bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of Missouri-Columbia in May. She is employed at the University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics.
Overbey is a 2004 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in biochemistry from UMC in 2008, and is a second year medical student at the university.
A May 29 wedding is planned at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau.