- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
"Iron Jawed Angels" an HBO film will kick off the Cape River Heritage Museum's 2010 Season
The film stars Hilary Swank, Patrick Dempsey, Frances O'Connor, Anjelica Huston, and Julia Ormond. It recounts the struggle of Alice Paul (Swank) and Lucy Burns (O'Connor), two suffragettes who fought for the passage of the 19th Amendment. April 21, 2010 6:30 p.m.Cape River Heritage Museum 538 Independence Street 573 334 0405
This screening is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Please visit their "Suffrage" exhibit before or after the film. Refreshments will be provided, doors open at 6pm, no cost to attend.
Following each screening Southeast History Department faculty members will lead a question and answer session.
" This film plays right into one of the main 2010 exhibit themes, "Celebrating Women of Cape Girardeau Education *Fashion*Society Exhibit" this season." says Viney Mosley We have many events planned to highlight women in history.