- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
"Iron Jawed Angels" an HBO film will kick off the Cape River Heritage Museum's 2010 Season
The film stars Hilary Swank, Patrick Dempsey, Frances O'Connor, Anjelica Huston, and Julia Ormond. It recounts the struggle of Alice Paul (Swank) and Lucy Burns (O'Connor), two suffragettes who fought for the passage of the 19th Amendment. April 21, 2010 6:30 p.m.Cape River Heritage Museum 538 Independence Street 573 334 0405
This screening is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Please visit their "Suffrage" exhibit before or after the film. Refreshments will be provided, doors open at 6pm, no cost to attend.
Following each screening Southeast History Department faculty members will lead a question and answer session.
" This film plays right into one of the main 2010 exhibit themes, "Celebrating Women of Cape Girardeau Education *Fashion*Society Exhibit" this season." says Viney Mosley We have many events planned to highlight women in history.