- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
"Iron Jawed Angels" an HBO film will kick off the Cape River Heritage Museum's 2010 Season
The film stars Hilary Swank, Patrick Dempsey, Frances O'Connor, Anjelica Huston, and Julia Ormond. It recounts the struggle of Alice Paul (Swank) and Lucy Burns (O'Connor), two suffragettes who fought for the passage of the 19th Amendment. April 21, 2010 6:30 p.m.Cape River Heritage Museum 538 Independence Street 573 334 0405
This screening is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Please visit their "Suffrage" exhibit before or after the film. Refreshments will be provided, doors open at 6pm, no cost to attend.
Following each screening Southeast History Department faculty members will lead a question and answer session.
" This film plays right into one of the main 2010 exhibit themes, "Celebrating Women of Cape Girardeau Education *Fashion*Society Exhibit" this season." says Viney Mosley We have many events planned to highlight women in history.