- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
"Iron Jawed Angels" an HBO film will kick off the Cape River Heritage Museum's 2010 Season
The film stars Hilary Swank, Patrick Dempsey, Frances O'Connor, Anjelica Huston, and Julia Ormond. It recounts the struggle of Alice Paul (Swank) and Lucy Burns (O'Connor), two suffragettes who fought for the passage of the 19th Amendment. April 21, 2010 6:30 p.m.Cape River Heritage Museum 538 Independence Street 573 334 0405
This screening is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Please visit their "Suffrage" exhibit before or after the film. Refreshments will be provided, doors open at 6pm, no cost to attend.
Following each screening Southeast History Department faculty members will lead a question and answer session.
" This film plays right into one of the main 2010 exhibit themes, "Celebrating Women of Cape Girardeau Education *Fashion*Society Exhibit" this season." says Viney Mosley We have many events planned to highlight women in history.