- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
"Iron Jawed Angels" an HBO film will kick off the Cape River Heritage Museum's 2010 Season
The film stars Hilary Swank, Patrick Dempsey, Frances O'Connor, Anjelica Huston, and Julia Ormond. It recounts the struggle of Alice Paul (Swank) and Lucy Burns (O'Connor), two suffragettes who fought for the passage of the 19th Amendment. April 21, 2010 6:30 p.m.Cape River Heritage Museum 538 Independence Street 573 334 0405
This screening is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Please visit their "Suffrage" exhibit before or after the film. Refreshments will be provided, doors open at 6pm, no cost to attend.
Following each screening Southeast History Department faculty members will lead a question and answer session.
" This film plays right into one of the main 2010 exhibit themes, "Celebrating Women of Cape Girardeau Education *Fashion*Society Exhibit" this season." says Viney Mosley We have many events planned to highlight women in history.