- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
PHS Elks SOM for March
The Perryville High School Elks Student of the Month for March is Chelsey Mattingly, daughter of Robin Pfeiffer. While in high school, Chelsey has been involved in the following organizations and clubs: Soccer (Gr. 9); Softball (Gr. 9,10,11); Choir (Gr. 9, 11); FBLA (Gr. 11,12); Skills USA Vice-President (Gr. 12); DECA Vice-President (Gr. 11); Foreign Language Club (Gr. 10); Drama (Gr. 11); Friends of Education (Gr. 10, 11, 12); and National Honor Society (Gr. 11,12).
She has been awarded the following honors or awards: Scholar Athlete (Gr. 9, 10); Highest grade in Business Management (Gr.11); 3rd place at FBLA Districts (Gr. 11); and President Academic Excellence Award (Gr. 9, 10).
Chelsey plans to attend Mineral Area College and then a 4-year college or university following graduation. Her anticipated degree is unknown at this time.