- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
PHS Elks SOM for March
The Perryville High School Elks Student of the Month for March is Chelsey Mattingly, daughter of Robin Pfeiffer. While in high school, Chelsey has been involved in the following organizations and clubs: Soccer (Gr. 9); Softball (Gr. 9,10,11); Choir (Gr. 9, 11); FBLA (Gr. 11,12); Skills USA Vice-President (Gr. 12); DECA Vice-President (Gr. 11); Foreign Language Club (Gr. 10); Drama (Gr. 11); Friends of Education (Gr. 10, 11, 12); and National Honor Society (Gr. 11,12).
She has been awarded the following honors or awards: Scholar Athlete (Gr. 9, 10); Highest grade in Business Management (Gr.11); 3rd place at FBLA Districts (Gr. 11); and President Academic Excellence Award (Gr. 9, 10).
Chelsey plans to attend Mineral Area College and then a 4-year college or university following graduation. Her anticipated degree is unknown at this time.