- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
PHS Elks SOM for March
The Perryville High School Elks Student of the Month for March is Chelsey Mattingly, daughter of Robin Pfeiffer. While in high school, Chelsey has been involved in the following organizations and clubs: Soccer (Gr. 9); Softball (Gr. 9,10,11); Choir (Gr. 9, 11); FBLA (Gr. 11,12); Skills USA Vice-President (Gr. 12); DECA Vice-President (Gr. 11); Foreign Language Club (Gr. 10); Drama (Gr. 11); Friends of Education (Gr. 10, 11, 12); and National Honor Society (Gr. 11,12).
She has been awarded the following honors or awards: Scholar Athlete (Gr. 9, 10); Highest grade in Business Management (Gr.11); 3rd place at FBLA Districts (Gr. 11); and President Academic Excellence Award (Gr. 9, 10).
Chelsey plans to attend Mineral Area College and then a 4-year college or university following graduation. Her anticipated degree is unknown at this time.