- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Perryville Area Career and Technology Center Students Attend Skills USA Competition
Perryville Area Career and Technology Center student, Landon Koetting, recently earned first place in the TV & Video technical written competition at the 44th Annual Missouri Leadership and Skills Conference (SkillsUSA) held at Linn State Technical College. Heather Adams, also a PACTC student, ran and was elected as a State Officer.
Students competed in the areas of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R), Auto Collision Repair, Electronics, Graphic Design, Health Occupations, Construction Technology, Welding, Early Childhood Professionals and Digital Media.