- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
David Kent Lowes, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 12, 2010, at his home.
He was born March 7, 1962, in Cape Girardeau, to Leonard and Helen "Jackie" Alexander Lowes. He and Edith Blocker were married Dec. 27, 1986.
David was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral. He worked as a truck driver.
He served nine years' active duty in the U.S. Army, achieving the rank of chief warrant officer 3. While serving in the Army he worked primarily in maintenance as a test pilot of UH-1 helicopters.
He is survived by his wife, Edith; a daughter, Victoria Lowes of Cape Girardeau; his mother, Helen "Jackie" Lowes of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Ann Halter of Sikeston, Mo., Sara Graham of Cape Girardeau; five brothers, Richard Lowes of Jackson, Jim Lowes of Edwardsville, Okla., Ken Lowes of Sikeston, Steve and Greg Lowes of Cape Girardeau; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A memorial service in celebration of David's life will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer as celebrant.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.