- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
David Kent Lowes, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 12, 2010, at his home.
He was born March 7, 1962, in Cape Girardeau, to Leonard and Helen "Jackie" Alexander Lowes. He and Edith Blocker were married Dec. 27, 1986.
David was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral. He worked as a truck driver.
He served nine years' active duty in the U.S. Army, achieving the rank of chief warrant officer 3. While serving in the Army he worked primarily in maintenance as a test pilot of UH-1 helicopters.
He is survived by his wife, Edith; a daughter, Victoria Lowes of Cape Girardeau; his mother, Helen "Jackie" Lowes of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Ann Halter of Sikeston, Mo., Sara Graham of Cape Girardeau; five brothers, Richard Lowes of Jackson, Jim Lowes of Edwardsville, Okla., Ken Lowes of Sikeston, Steve and Greg Lowes of Cape Girardeau; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A memorial service in celebration of David's life will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer as celebrant.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.