- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
David Kent Lowes, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 12, 2010, at his home.
He was born March 7, 1962, in Cape Girardeau, to Leonard and Helen "Jackie" Alexander Lowes. He and Edith Blocker were married Dec. 27, 1986.
David was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral. He worked as a truck driver.
He served nine years' active duty in the U.S. Army, achieving the rank of chief warrant officer 3. While serving in the Army he worked primarily in maintenance as a test pilot of UH-1 helicopters.
He is survived by his wife, Edith; a daughter, Victoria Lowes of Cape Girardeau; his mother, Helen "Jackie" Lowes of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Ann Halter of Sikeston, Mo., Sara Graham of Cape Girardeau; five brothers, Richard Lowes of Jackson, Jim Lowes of Edwardsville, Okla., Ken Lowes of Sikeston, Steve and Greg Lowes of Cape Girardeau; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A memorial service in celebration of David's life will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer as celebrant.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.