- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
David Kent Lowes, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 12, 2010, at his home.
He was born March 7, 1962, in Cape Girardeau, to Leonard and Helen "Jackie" Alexander Lowes. He and Edith Blocker were married Dec. 27, 1986.
David was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral. He worked as a truck driver.
He served nine years' active duty in the U.S. Army, achieving the rank of chief warrant officer 3. While serving in the Army he worked primarily in maintenance as a test pilot of UH-1 helicopters.
He is survived by his wife, Edith; a daughter, Victoria Lowes of Cape Girardeau; his mother, Helen "Jackie" Lowes of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Ann Halter of Sikeston, Mo., Sara Graham of Cape Girardeau; five brothers, Richard Lowes of Jackson, Jim Lowes of Edwardsville, Okla., Ken Lowes of Sikeston, Steve and Greg Lowes of Cape Girardeau; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A memorial service in celebration of David's life will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer as celebrant.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.