- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Benefits for Missourians
Health care reform will benefit Missourians. For 961,000 senior citizens, the doughnut hole will close in the future. Small Missouri businesses will receive tax credits. There will be help for the uninsured and those with pre-existing conditions. There will be tax credits for individuals. young adults can stay on parents' insurance policies longer. And there will be creation of jobs.
Insurance companies will no longer be able to exclude 1.4 million Missouri children from health care because of pre-existing health problems, starting this year. Immediate access will be given to approximately 94,500 uninsured Missourian's to obtain affordable insurance options for pre-existing conditions.
Tax credits will be given to approximately 516,000 Missourian's to help make insurance more affordable, bringing in $8.4 billion in premium cost-sharing tax credits during the first five years of the health insurance exchange.
Family health care premiums will be reduced by $1,640 to $2,350 for the same benefits, as compared to what they would be without health care reform, in 2016.
With $8.2 billion in federal funding, newly eligible Missourians' health care coverage will be provided.
Tax credits will be given to approximately 86,000 small businesses to help make coverage more affordable.
Young adults may remain on their parents insurance policies, and an estimated 5,000 to 8,000 new jobs will be created.
God would approve of this health care reform.
Do not believe negative uninformed people concerning this reform. Do your research. Do not feel intimidated by naysayers. Trust in God and pray for guidance.
LINDA SANDERS, Jackson