- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Cape Broadcast Students Win at State SkillsUSA Contest
Ten Broadcast Production students from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center recently competed at the Missouri State SkillsUSA Competition in Linn, Missouri. The students comprised five, two-person teams. Three of the teams competed in the Video Production Contest in which they had to script, shoot, and edit a 60-second promo piece during a 6-1/2 hour contest. The other 2 teams participated in the Video Product Development Contest, in which teams were judged on a previously-produced 5-7 minute marketing video.
Medalists were Jon Henson and Casey Cattron, Bronze medal, Video Production; Tyler Eggiman and Shelby Halter, Silver medal, Video Production; Logan Reed and Quitman McBride, Bronze medal, Video Product Development; and Robert Alexander and Ben Essner, Bronze Medal, Video Product Development. The students are members of the Broadcast Production program taught by Randy McWilson.