- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Cape Broadcast Students Win at State SkillsUSA Contest
Ten Broadcast Production students from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center recently competed at the Missouri State SkillsUSA Competition in Linn, Missouri. The students comprised five, two-person teams. Three of the teams competed in the Video Production Contest in which they had to script, shoot, and edit a 60-second promo piece during a 6-1/2 hour contest. The other 2 teams participated in the Video Product Development Contest, in which teams were judged on a previously-produced 5-7 minute marketing video.
Medalists were Jon Henson and Casey Cattron, Bronze medal, Video Production; Tyler Eggiman and Shelby Halter, Silver medal, Video Production; Logan Reed and Quitman McBride, Bronze medal, Video Product Development; and Robert Alexander and Ben Essner, Bronze Medal, Video Product Development. The students are members of the Broadcast Production program taught by Randy McWilson.