- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
Cape Broadcast Students Win at State SkillsUSA Contest
Ten Broadcast Production students from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center recently competed at the Missouri State SkillsUSA Competition in Linn, Missouri. The students comprised five, two-person teams. Three of the teams competed in the Video Production Contest in which they had to script, shoot, and edit a 60-second promo piece during a 6-1/2 hour contest. The other 2 teams participated in the Video Product Development Contest, in which teams were judged on a previously-produced 5-7 minute marketing video.
Medalists were Jon Henson and Casey Cattron, Bronze medal, Video Production; Tyler Eggiman and Shelby Halter, Silver medal, Video Production; Logan Reed and Quitman McBride, Bronze medal, Video Product Development; and Robert Alexander and Ben Essner, Bronze Medal, Video Product Development. The students are members of the Broadcast Production program taught by Randy McWilson.