- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Cape Broadcast Students Win at State SkillsUSA Contest
Ten Broadcast Production students from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center recently competed at the Missouri State SkillsUSA Competition in Linn, Missouri. The students comprised five, two-person teams. Three of the teams competed in the Video Production Contest in which they had to script, shoot, and edit a 60-second promo piece during a 6-1/2 hour contest. The other 2 teams participated in the Video Product Development Contest, in which teams were judged on a previously-produced 5-7 minute marketing video.
Medalists were Jon Henson and Casey Cattron, Bronze medal, Video Production; Tyler Eggiman and Shelby Halter, Silver medal, Video Production; Logan Reed and Quitman McBride, Bronze medal, Video Product Development; and Robert Alexander and Ben Essner, Bronze Medal, Video Product Development. The students are members of the Broadcast Production program taught by Randy McWilson.