- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Cape Broadcast Students Win at State SkillsUSA Contest
Ten Broadcast Production students from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center recently competed at the Missouri State SkillsUSA Competition in Linn, Missouri. The students comprised five, two-person teams. Three of the teams competed in the Video Production Contest in which they had to script, shoot, and edit a 60-second promo piece during a 6-1/2 hour contest. The other 2 teams participated in the Video Product Development Contest, in which teams were judged on a previously-produced 5-7 minute marketing video.
Medalists were Jon Henson and Casey Cattron, Bronze medal, Video Production; Tyler Eggiman and Shelby Halter, Silver medal, Video Production; Logan Reed and Quitman McBride, Bronze medal, Video Product Development; and Robert Alexander and Ben Essner, Bronze Medal, Video Product Development. The students are members of the Broadcast Production program taught by Randy McWilson.