- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Dorothy Virginia Moore, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 12, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 30, 1922, in Cape Girardeau, to Gilbert and Bessie Willeford Lehmann. She and John C. Moore were married July 10, 1940. He passed away July 31, 1956.
Dorothy attended May Greene Elementary School and Central High School. She worked several years at F.W. Woolworth Co. before later working as a nurse aide at the Lutheran Home, retiring in 1986.
Survivors include a son, Bob (Mary Ann) Moore of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Donna (David) Sanders of Cape Girardeau; grandchildren, Michael (Cheryl) Moore and John D. Moore of Barnhart, Mo., Ashlei (John) Sterling, Trenton and Kristyn Sanders of Cape Girardeau; great-grandchildren, Steven and Joey Moore of Barnhart, Rob Moore of Phoenix, Kaylei, JaShawn, Blayne and Emilei Sterling of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call from noon to service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.