- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
WalkAmerica support is amazing
To the editor:
We in the Southeast Division of the March of Dimes would like to thank everyone in Cape Girardeau County for the incredible amount of time, talent and, of course, money they put in to the WalkAmerica event held May 5. The committee, chaired by Shelly Kaiser, was tireless in its devotion to raising money to help stop the ongoing increase of prematurity around the world. They could not have been nearly as successful, though, without the amazing support they received from the residents, businesses, churches and institutions of Cape Girardeau County in addition to Saint Francis Medical Center for its division-wide sponsorship.
We all enjoyed a beautiful evening with fun and food provided by local organizations and businesses and the sense of community everyone shared knowing we were raising money to give every baby a fighting chance. To date, the 2005 Cape Girardeau County WalkAmerica has raised $31,796.14 and counting. We've learned to depend on the commitment Cape Girardeau County has to the March of Domes and the babies we all want to help.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the on-going success of making sure the research and education funded and provided by the March of Dimes will continue to make it easier for every baby that fights to come into this world to go home and live a happy and healthy life. Thank you.
ELLEN DILLON, Executive Director
DARAH JIRKOVKSY, Community Director
Southeast Missouri Division, March of Dimes, Cape Girardeau