- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
WalkAmerica support is amazing
To the editor:
We in the Southeast Division of the March of Dimes would like to thank everyone in Cape Girardeau County for the incredible amount of time, talent and, of course, money they put in to the WalkAmerica event held May 5. The committee, chaired by Shelly Kaiser, was tireless in its devotion to raising money to help stop the ongoing increase of prematurity around the world. They could not have been nearly as successful, though, without the amazing support they received from the residents, businesses, churches and institutions of Cape Girardeau County in addition to Saint Francis Medical Center for its division-wide sponsorship.
We all enjoyed a beautiful evening with fun and food provided by local organizations and businesses and the sense of community everyone shared knowing we were raising money to give every baby a fighting chance. To date, the 2005 Cape Girardeau County WalkAmerica has raised $31,796.14 and counting. We've learned to depend on the commitment Cape Girardeau County has to the March of Domes and the babies we all want to help.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the on-going success of making sure the research and education funded and provided by the March of Dimes will continue to make it easier for every baby that fights to come into this world to go home and live a happy and healthy life. Thank you.
ELLEN DILLON, Executive Director
DARAH JIRKOVKSY, Community Director
Southeast Missouri Division, March of Dimes, Cape Girardeau