- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
More Democrats for Cape County
To the editor:
I was just checking the county election results. Over 10,000 people in Cape Girardeau County voted Democratic for president in the 2004 election. The right-wing propaganda machine would like people to believe that there are only ditto brains here in Southeast Missouri, but it's not true.
The truth is that there are a lot of people who can see through the conservative game plan to manipulate the middle class and working people. We may be a minority, but there are still a whole lot of us.
The problem is that local liberals have been so beaten down by all of the lies, distortions and self-righteousness of the Republicans that many are afraid to speak up. But there is no doubt. We're here, and as the Republicans continue to show their real agenda of serving wealthy interests, more average people will figure out what's going on. We are already many, and our numbers will grow. Ten thousand five hundred sixty-eight and counting.
JENNIFER L. St.CLAIR, Cape Girardeau