- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
More Democrats for Cape County
To the editor:
I was just checking the county election results. Over 10,000 people in Cape Girardeau County voted Democratic for president in the 2004 election. The right-wing propaganda machine would like people to believe that there are only ditto brains here in Southeast Missouri, but it's not true.
The truth is that there are a lot of people who can see through the conservative game plan to manipulate the middle class and working people. We may be a minority, but there are still a whole lot of us.
The problem is that local liberals have been so beaten down by all of the lies, distortions and self-righteousness of the Republicans that many are afraid to speak up. But there is no doubt. We're here, and as the Republicans continue to show their real agenda of serving wealthy interests, more average people will figure out what's going on. We are already many, and our numbers will grow. Ten thousand five hundred sixty-eight and counting.
JENNIFER L. St.CLAIR, Cape Girardeau