- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
More Democrats for Cape County
To the editor:
I was just checking the county election results. Over 10,000 people in Cape Girardeau County voted Democratic for president in the 2004 election. The right-wing propaganda machine would like people to believe that there are only ditto brains here in Southeast Missouri, but it's not true.
The truth is that there are a lot of people who can see through the conservative game plan to manipulate the middle class and working people. We may be a minority, but there are still a whole lot of us.
The problem is that local liberals have been so beaten down by all of the lies, distortions and self-righteousness of the Republicans that many are afraid to speak up. But there is no doubt. We're here, and as the Republicans continue to show their real agenda of serving wealthy interests, more average people will figure out what's going on. We are already many, and our numbers will grow. Ten thousand five hundred sixty-eight and counting.
JENNIFER L. St.CLAIR, Cape Girardeau