- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)7
More Democrats for Cape County
To the editor:
I was just checking the county election results. Over 10,000 people in Cape Girardeau County voted Democratic for president in the 2004 election. The right-wing propaganda machine would like people to believe that there are only ditto brains here in Southeast Missouri, but it's not true.
The truth is that there are a lot of people who can see through the conservative game plan to manipulate the middle class and working people. We may be a minority, but there are still a whole lot of us.
The problem is that local liberals have been so beaten down by all of the lies, distortions and self-righteousness of the Republicans that many are afraid to speak up. But there is no doubt. We're here, and as the Republicans continue to show their real agenda of serving wealthy interests, more average people will figure out what's going on. We are already many, and our numbers will grow. Ten thousand five hundred sixty-eight and counting.
JENNIFER L. St.CLAIR, Cape Girardeau