- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
More Democrats for Cape County
To the editor:
I was just checking the county election results. Over 10,000 people in Cape Girardeau County voted Democratic for president in the 2004 election. The right-wing propaganda machine would like people to believe that there are only ditto brains here in Southeast Missouri, but it's not true.
The truth is that there are a lot of people who can see through the conservative game plan to manipulate the middle class and working people. We may be a minority, but there are still a whole lot of us.
The problem is that local liberals have been so beaten down by all of the lies, distortions and self-righteousness of the Republicans that many are afraid to speak up. But there is no doubt. We're here, and as the Republicans continue to show their real agenda of serving wealthy interests, more average people will figure out what's going on. We are already many, and our numbers will grow. Ten thousand five hundred sixty-eight and counting.
JENNIFER L. St.CLAIR, Cape Girardeau