- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Scott City woman has chance at jackpot
Ramona Blankenship of Scott City was recently announced as a winner in the Illinois Lottery's Second Chance game, guaranteeing her a new car and the possibility of winning $1 million at a drawing to be held Sept. 24.
Blankenship is one of 20 winners who will be eligible for cash prizes between $25,000 and $1 million. To enter the drawing, Blankenship had mailed at least $30 worth of used, non-winning tickets to the Illinois Lottery.
The Second Chance promotion continues through September with a winner drawn each week.