- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Driskell in position for state medal
Central junior Blake Driskell finished with a 3-over-par 75 on the first day of the state golf tournament at the Silo Ridge Golf Course in Bolivar to put himself in position to earn an all-state medal.
The top 15 individuals in the state tournament receive medals.
Driskell, tied for 14th, is currently seven strokes out of the lead held by four golfers, including Poplar Bluff sophomore Tyler Hillis.
Junior Kirk Lohmann, Central's other state qualifier, shot an opening round 80 and is tied for 48th.
Poplar Bluff is second in the team standings after the first day with a team score of 303, three strokes behind Hickman. The state tournament concludes today.
Notre Dame's two representatives in the Class 3 tournament at Rivercut Golf Course in Springfield each finished well off the lead (70) after the opening round. Will Lindman is tied for 99th after shooting a 90 and Jon Blattel is tied for 106th after a 91.
After qualifying four individuals to the Class 1 state tournament to count toward the team standings, St. Vincent found itself tied for seventh at Island Green Golf Course in Republic. The Indians had a team score of 357. Tipton shot a 325 for an opening-round lead.
Corey Brueckner was St. Vincent's top individual with an 84, 10 strokes off the lead and tied for 25th. Zach Richardet was 48th with an 86, Danny Rellergert was 73rd with a 93 and Jacob DeWilde was 80th with a 94.