- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Preserve Missouri to Host Community Fair
Come join us April 24th for a community fair at Washington Park in Cape Girardeau!!
You will get to tour the oldest home in Cape Girardeau, the Sherwood-Minton House..if you've always wanted to see inside and look for the tunnels that used to transport the bodies to Old Lorimer Cemetary ( or so they say)now is your chance! We have found some interesting things in the basement, and you are welcome to work on your own search, just bring a flashlight if you want to really do some searching.
We have also rented Washington Park so kids are welcome too, we will have blowups for them, hamburgers, hotdogs, snow cones, cotton candy, soft drinks for the kids and cold beer for the grown ups!
Band will play on the front porch from 6pm until 9 or 10pm.
Come and enjoy the fun!! Only $5 admission goes to support the rehabilitation of the Sherwood-Minton House. We look forward to seeing you there!!