- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)5
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Preserve Missouri to Host Community Fair
Come join us April 24th for a community fair at Washington Park in Cape Girardeau!!
You will get to tour the oldest home in Cape Girardeau, the Sherwood-Minton House..if you've always wanted to see inside and look for the tunnels that used to transport the bodies to Old Lorimer Cemetary ( or so they say)now is your chance! We have found some interesting things in the basement, and you are welcome to work on your own search, just bring a flashlight if you want to really do some searching.
We have also rented Washington Park so kids are welcome too, we will have blowups for them, hamburgers, hotdogs, snow cones, cotton candy, soft drinks for the kids and cold beer for the grown ups!
Band will play on the front porch from 6pm until 9 or 10pm.
Come and enjoy the fun!! Only $5 admission goes to support the rehabilitation of the Sherwood-Minton House. We look forward to seeing you there!!