- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Preserve Missouri to Host Community Fair
Come join us April 24th for a community fair at Washington Park in Cape Girardeau!!
You will get to tour the oldest home in Cape Girardeau, the Sherwood-Minton House..if you've always wanted to see inside and look for the tunnels that used to transport the bodies to Old Lorimer Cemetary ( or so they say)now is your chance! We have found some interesting things in the basement, and you are welcome to work on your own search, just bring a flashlight if you want to really do some searching.
We have also rented Washington Park so kids are welcome too, we will have blowups for them, hamburgers, hotdogs, snow cones, cotton candy, soft drinks for the kids and cold beer for the grown ups!
Band will play on the front porch from 6pm until 9 or 10pm.
Come and enjoy the fun!! Only $5 admission goes to support the rehabilitation of the Sherwood-Minton House. We look forward to seeing you there!!