- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Preserve Missouri to Host Community Fair
Come join us April 24th for a community fair at Washington Park in Cape Girardeau!!
You will get to tour the oldest home in Cape Girardeau, the Sherwood-Minton House..if you've always wanted to see inside and look for the tunnels that used to transport the bodies to Old Lorimer Cemetary ( or so they say)now is your chance! We have found some interesting things in the basement, and you are welcome to work on your own search, just bring a flashlight if you want to really do some searching.
We have also rented Washington Park so kids are welcome too, we will have blowups for them, hamburgers, hotdogs, snow cones, cotton candy, soft drinks for the kids and cold beer for the grown ups!
Band will play on the front porch from 6pm until 9 or 10pm.
Come and enjoy the fun!! Only $5 admission goes to support the rehabilitation of the Sherwood-Minton House. We look forward to seeing you there!!