- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Preserve Missouri to Host Community Fair
Come join us April 24th for a community fair at Washington Park in Cape Girardeau!!
You will get to tour the oldest home in Cape Girardeau, the Sherwood-Minton House..if you've always wanted to see inside and look for the tunnels that used to transport the bodies to Old Lorimer Cemetary ( or so they say)now is your chance! We have found some interesting things in the basement, and you are welcome to work on your own search, just bring a flashlight if you want to really do some searching.
We have also rented Washington Park so kids are welcome too, we will have blowups for them, hamburgers, hotdogs, snow cones, cotton candy, soft drinks for the kids and cold beer for the grown ups!
Band will play on the front porch from 6pm until 9 or 10pm.
Come and enjoy the fun!! Only $5 admission goes to support the rehabilitation of the Sherwood-Minton House. We look forward to seeing you there!!