- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Jack R. Shadowens, 49, of Cobden died Saturday, May 14, 2005, at his home.
He was born Dec. 9, 1955, in Carbondale, Ill., son of Donald and Ruth Nance Shadowens. He and Shelia Aldridge were married April 15, 1973, in Cobden.
Shadowens owned and operated Shadowens Masonry in Cobden. He was a member of the Bricklayers Local 8 in Murphysboro, Ill., and Men's Auxiliary of VFW Post 3455 in Anna, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; his parents; two sons, Bronson Shadowens of Anna, Brandon Shadowens of Cobden; a brother, Terry Shadowens of Cobden; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cliff Waller officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.