- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Soap Box Derby
Area children got a lesson in speed last weekend when they competed in the annual Soap Box Derby sponsored by the Rotary Club.
Experienced racers quickly learned that one lane was faster than the other, but the competition took that into account by switching lanes during the heats.
Many of the racers were regulars who compete each year; some even have siblings on the sidelines ready to join in the fun. This year's Soap Box Derby had 29 participants and raised more than $18,000 for local charities.
The race shows that it's not winning but having fun that counts.