- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Soap Box Derby
Area children got a lesson in speed last weekend when they competed in the annual Soap Box Derby sponsored by the Rotary Club.
Experienced racers quickly learned that one lane was faster than the other, but the competition took that into account by switching lanes during the heats.
Many of the racers were regulars who compete each year; some even have siblings on the sidelines ready to join in the fun. This year's Soap Box Derby had 29 participants and raised more than $18,000 for local charities.
The race shows that it's not winning but having fun that counts.