- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Soap Box Derby
Area children got a lesson in speed last weekend when they competed in the annual Soap Box Derby sponsored by the Rotary Club.
Experienced racers quickly learned that one lane was faster than the other, but the competition took that into account by switching lanes during the heats.
Many of the racers were regulars who compete each year; some even have siblings on the sidelines ready to join in the fun. This year's Soap Box Derby had 29 participants and raised more than $18,000 for local charities.
The race shows that it's not winning but having fun that counts.