- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Brown - Overbey
John and Melissa Strickert of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Katie Brown, to Douglas Overbey. He is the son of Don and Gail Overbey of Cape Girardeau.
Brown is a 2006 graduate of Jackson High School. She expects to receive a bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of Missouri-Columbia in May. She is employed at the University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics.
Overbey is a 2004 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in biochemistry from UMC in 2008, and is a second year medical student at the university.
A May 29 wedding is planned at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau.