- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 05/16/05
Former regent receives honorary SEMO degree
Donald L. Dickerson, former president and member of the Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents for 12 years, received an honorary doctor of laws degree Saturday during commencement exercises at the Show Me Center. An honorary degree is one of the most prestigious awards presented by the university. It is awarded for distinguished achievement, accomplishment or service that is recognized by peers in the field and by a broader spectrum of society. Dickerson received his degree from Southeast in 1954 and his law degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Dickerson was first appointed to the board of regents in 1993 and was later named president of the board in 1996. He served as president until December 2004.
Dana Corp. names employee of the month
Cell technician Lyda Chasteen of Vanduser, Mo., has been named Dana Corp.'s May employee of the month. Chasteen has worked at the Cape Girardeau facility since 1997. Dana Corp. manufactures axle components for both the light truck and SUV markets.