- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
People on the move 05/16/05
Former regent receives honorary SEMO degree
Donald L. Dickerson, former president and member of the Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents for 12 years, received an honorary doctor of laws degree Saturday during commencement exercises at the Show Me Center. An honorary degree is one of the most prestigious awards presented by the university. It is awarded for distinguished achievement, accomplishment or service that is recognized by peers in the field and by a broader spectrum of society. Dickerson received his degree from Southeast in 1954 and his law degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Dickerson was first appointed to the board of regents in 1993 and was later named president of the board in 1996. He served as president until December 2004.
Dana Corp. names employee of the month
Cell technician Lyda Chasteen of Vanduser, Mo., has been named Dana Corp.'s May employee of the month. Chasteen has worked at the Cape Girardeau facility since 1997. Dana Corp. manufactures axle components for both the light truck and SUV markets.