- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Literary scholar named Missouri grad school dean
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- A literary scholar who has led the University of Missouri Graduate School on an interim basis is no longer a temporary dean.
George Justice was appointed graduate school dean and vice provost for advanced studies on Thursday. He has served as interim dean since July 2009, when the position became vacant.
Justice has previously taught at Marquette and Louisiana State.
He has been a Missouri faculty member since 2002 as well as an assistant and associate graduate school dean. His research focus is 18th century literature.