- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
21st Annual Walk MS
The National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society's Gateway Chapter will host their 21st annual Walk MS event on Sunday, April 18 at Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau. Registration is at noon; lunch is provided by Applebee's and the walk will kick off at 1 p.m. with music by Charles Music Review. Walkers have the option to walk one to four miles. Other activities taking place include a children's area with a bounce house donated by Moon Walkers, face painting by Alotta Fun 4U2, and our MS Wellness Village and Mission Tent, where participants can participate in the MS Experience.
This event began 21 years ago when Mary Meyer, of Jackson, MO and her sister attended a walk in the St. Louis area. When they returned from the walk Mary decided that there was a need for a walk in this area. Twenty-one years later, Mary is still a member of the planning committee.
MS is a chronic unpredictable disease of the central nervous system, symptoms range from vision issues to limited mobility. The goal of Walk MS is to raise awareness about the disease, as well as money to support research, programs and services for people living with multiple sclerosis.
This event is made possible thanks to Southeast Missouri Hospital, Horizon Screen Printing, Applebee's Neighborhood Grill, and River Eagle Distributing, as well as many other local businesses and organizations throughout southeast Missouri.
For more information or to register for this event, please visit: www.gatewaymswalk.org or cal 800-334-4867.