- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. today
City hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* A public hearing on plans to construct a cul-de-sac at 2404 Kingsway Drive.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance to acquire property for the Broadway widening project.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit for a child-care facility at 411 S. Ellis St.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Rhodes Properties to construct and operate a residential development at 1110 N. Cape Rock Drive.
* An ordinance rezoning 505 Optimist Drive from industrial to residential.
* An ordinance adopting the revised federal flood plain maps.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit for a telecommunications tower at 2007 Southern Expressway.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of North Pointe Center First Addition.
* An ordinance amending city code relating to required attendance of members of city boards and commissions.
* An ordinance establishing handicap parking on Broadway.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Cape Meadows Second subdivision.
* An ordinance accepting water-line easements and temporary construction easements for water-line improvements along Bertling Street and Old Sprigg Street Road.
* An ordinance accepting temporary construction easements for improvement of Broadway from Perry Avenue to Houck Place.
* A resolution to accept a fire prevention and safety grant from the Department of Homeland Security.
* A resolution to execute a release of lien for the Community Development Block Grant Program.
* A resolution seeking federal funds for the Old Town Cape downtown lighting project.
* A resolution seeking federal funds for the Old Town Cape facade grant project.
* A resolution seeking federal funds for the bridge restoration and overlook project.
* A resolution to execute a financial assistance agreement with Southeast Missouri Solid Waste Management District for the 2005-2006 recycling fund.
* A resolution to hire Mueller Brothers Irrigation Inc. for the improvement of Water Street including brick pavers and reading board installation.
* A resolution to reimburse capital expenditures with proceeds from tax-exempt bonds.
* Appointment to the Board of Appeals.
* Renewal of original package liquor and Sunday sales: Aldi Inc., 2145 Independence St.; Bi-State Oil, 612 S. Sprigg St., 920 N. Kingshighway; Amerimart, 865 N. Kingshighway and 1320 W. Cape Rock Drive; Jaspers, 407 Morgan Oak St. and 1008 N. Kingshighway; Rhodes 101 Stop, 2109 William St. and 11226 N. Sprigg St.; Sprigg Street Station, 40 N. Sprigg St.
* Renewal of retail liquor by the drink: Brothers Again, 2023 Independence St.; D'Ladium, 1127 Broadway; Lodo's, 338 Broadway, Suite 110.
* Renewal of retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales: Knights of Columbus, 318 S. Spanish St.; Logan's Roadhouse, 3012 William St.; Royal N'Orleans, 300 Broadway; O'Charley's Inc., 3093 William St.; Kreiger's Hometown Sports Grill, 2406 William St.; West Park Bowling Lanes, 354 Silver Springs Road.
* Renewal of wholesalers of intoxicating liquor under 22 percent: Bluff City Beer, Siemers Drive.
* Renewal of wholesalers of intoxicating liquor, all kinds: Major Brands Inc., 334 N. Broadview.
* Renewal of 5 percent beer by the drink: Ye Ole House, 120 Broadway.
* Conditional renewal of original liquor and Sunday sales: Kidd's Gas Mart, 1325 Broadway; Kidd II Inc., 103 N. Kingshighway; Quick N Save, 2717 Themis St.; Food Giant Supermarkets, 1120 N. Kingshighway; Rhodes 101 Stop, 10 S. West End Blvd., 1610 N. Kingshighway and 449 S. Kingshighway.
* Conditional renewal of retail liquor by the drink: Jeremiah's, 127 N. Water St.
* Conditional renewal of retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales: The Pasta House Co., William Street; Casa Mexicana, 1015 N. Kingshighway; VFW Post 3838, 1049 N. Kingshighway; El Acapulco Mexican Restaurant, 202 Mount Auburn Road; BG's Old Tyme Deli, 205 S. Plaza Way; Outback Steakhouse, 101 Cape West Parkway; Ruby Tuesday, 3069 William St.; Broussard's Cajun Cuisine, 120 N. Main St.; Nick's Family Sports Club, 1 Main St.; Buffalo Wild Wings, 2136 William St.
* A motion to set a public hearing or file the planning and zoning commission recommendation to deny the request of Stacy Lange for a special-use permit for a day care at 733 Watkins Drive.
* A motion to set a public hearing or file the recommendation of the planning and zoning commission to deny an amendment of a special-use permit for an additional apartment building at 2784 Lynwood Hills Drive.
* A motion setting a public hearing or filing the recommendation of the planning and zoning commission to deny a special-use permit for an administrative facility for the Baptist Collegiate Ministries at 1016 N. Henderson Ave. rear.
* Discussion regarding the request for a three-way stop at the intersection of Kurre Lane, Rampart and Melrose streets.
* A motion accepting water and infrastructure improvements at the Greater Cape Girardeau Industrial Park.
* A motion accepting the 12-inch water-main extension to serve Southeast Missouri Hospital West Campus.
* Discussion regarding the charter review committee.