- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Red Cross holds appreciation dinner for donors
The American Red Cross Missouri-Illinois Blood Services Region held an apheresis appreciation dinner recently at Southeast Hospital to thank those who have donated platelets.
Apheresis -- a process of donating a single component of blood, such as platelets -- became an established part of the Red Cross blood program in 1972.
Patients undergoing chemotherapy, a bone marrow transplant or open-heart surgery depend on platelets in order to survive their treatments.
For information on becoming an apheresis donor, call (800) GIVE-LIFE or visit www.americanredcrossblood.org.