- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Mary Kathryn "Kathy" Kirkpatrick Markey, 73, died Tuesday, April 6, 2010.
She was born Nov. 19, 1936, in Diehlstadt, Mo.
Markey was a retired Memphis city schoolteacher and active member of Bartlett United Methodist Church. An active member of the Fun Club, she traveled across the country and the globe. Kathy also served as assistant livestock director for the Mid-South Fair almost 30 years.
Survivors include four daughters, Kathryn Clark (Bobby), Ann McDonald (David), Nancy Miller (Mark), Marilyn Swift; nine grandchildren; a brother, Richard Kirkpatrick of Charleston, Mo.; and a sister, Frances Anderssen of Leopold, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Otto and Marjorie Kirkpatrick; and husband, Cmdr. Alden C. Markey.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Bartlett Event Center, next door across parking lot from Bartlett Funeral Home going west.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at BartlettUnitedMethodist Church. Burial will be in Memory Hill Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Bartlett United Methodist Church or American CancerSociety.
Bartlett Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.