- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Author's corner: "Cold Lonely Courage"
Former Cape Girardeau resident Soren Paul Petrek has released his award-winning novel, "Cold Lonely Courage." The novel, about a female assassin for the British Special Operations during World War II, won Best Fiction from Fade In Magazine. Petrek grew up in Cape Girardeau and now works as a lawyer in Minnesota. Black Rose Writing released the novel. "Cold Lonely Courage" is available from www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com.