- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)3
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)6
MSSU Play Features Student from Jackson, Mo.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8, 2010
MSSU Play Features Jackson, Mo. Resident
JOPLIN, MO (SNS) - Southern Theatre will present the play Marian and Robin at 2:30 p.m., April 17-18 (Saturday and Sunday) at Taylor Performing Arts Center on the campus of Missouri Southern State University.
Melissa Jean Mullen directs this play, a modern treatment of the timeless story of Robin Hood written by Tracey Eden.
The Cast includes Amber Julian, sophomore Theater major from Jackson, Mo.
This story centers on the Lady Marian Fitzwalter and Sir Robin of Locksley upon his return from the far wars. The evil Prince John is squeezing money out of the poor peasants, and only Robin and his band of merry men stand up to the prince and the very odd sheriff of Nottingham.
Of course, they never rob from the rich and give to the poor, because a masked bandit beats them to it. This play takes a little bit different look at all of the classic characters from the Robin Hood legend and teaches a lesson about accepting others, no matter how different they may be!
Admission is $1 for adults and $0.50 for children 12 and under. (Sorry, no free passes are accepted for Children's Theatre shows.) The theatre box office, which is located in the lobby of the Taylor Performing Arts Center, will open on Monday, April 12, 2010. Tickets may be reserved between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday at (417) 625-3190.
Accommodations for disabilities should be made at least 72 hours prior to the production. For theatre production information or requests for accommodations related to a disability, call Terri Spencer at (417) 625-9393.
The play is rated "G" for general audiences.