- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
PHS students receive academic all-state recognition
Five Perryville High School softball players were recently awarded with Missouri Fast Pitch Coaches Association Academic All-State certificates. The students were chosen for the award for their academic excellence. Students with a GPA of 3.9-4.0 made the Academic All-State 1st Team and students with a GPA of 3.5-3.8 made the Academic All-State 2nd Team.
They are: (front from left) Ashley Callier (2nd team), daughter of Michael and Christine Callier; Tiarra Sparkman (2nd team), daughter of Wes and Tammy Sparkman; (back from left) Ashley Wingerter (2nd team), daughter of Kevin and Ramona Wingerter; Casey Brewer (1st team), daughter of Tim and Julie Brewer; and Ashley Hotop (1st team), daughter of Allen and Sheryl Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)