- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
PHS students receive academic all-state recognition
Five Perryville High School softball players were recently awarded with Missouri Fast Pitch Coaches Association Academic All-State certificates. The students were chosen for the award for their academic excellence. Students with a GPA of 3.9-4.0 made the Academic All-State 1st Team and students with a GPA of 3.5-3.8 made the Academic All-State 2nd Team.
They are: (front from left) Ashley Callier (2nd team), daughter of Michael and Christine Callier; Tiarra Sparkman (2nd team), daughter of Wes and Tammy Sparkman; (back from left) Ashley Wingerter (2nd team), daughter of Kevin and Ramona Wingerter; Casey Brewer (1st team), daughter of Tim and Julie Brewer; and Ashley Hotop (1st team), daughter of Allen and Sheryl Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)