- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
PHS students receive academic all-state recognition
Five Perryville High School softball players were recently awarded with Missouri Fast Pitch Coaches Association Academic All-State certificates. The students were chosen for the award for their academic excellence. Students with a GPA of 3.9-4.0 made the Academic All-State 1st Team and students with a GPA of 3.5-3.8 made the Academic All-State 2nd Team.
They are: (front from left) Ashley Callier (2nd team), daughter of Michael and Christine Callier; Tiarra Sparkman (2nd team), daughter of Wes and Tammy Sparkman; (back from left) Ashley Wingerter (2nd team), daughter of Kevin and Ramona Wingerter; Casey Brewer (1st team), daughter of Tim and Julie Brewer; and Ashley Hotop (1st team), daughter of Allen and Sheryl Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)