- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)5
PHS students receive academic all-state recognition
Five Perryville High School softball players were recently awarded with Missouri Fast Pitch Coaches Association Academic All-State certificates. The students were chosen for the award for their academic excellence. Students with a GPA of 3.9-4.0 made the Academic All-State 1st Team and students with a GPA of 3.5-3.8 made the Academic All-State 2nd Team.
They are: (front from left) Ashley Callier (2nd team), daughter of Michael and Christine Callier; Tiarra Sparkman (2nd team), daughter of Wes and Tammy Sparkman; (back from left) Ashley Wingerter (2nd team), daughter of Kevin and Ramona Wingerter; Casey Brewer (1st team), daughter of Tim and Julie Brewer; and Ashley Hotop (1st team), daughter of Allen and Sheryl Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)