- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
PHS students receive academic all-state recognition
Five Perryville High School softball players were recently awarded with Missouri Fast Pitch Coaches Association Academic All-State certificates. The students were chosen for the award for their academic excellence. Students with a GPA of 3.9-4.0 made the Academic All-State 1st Team and students with a GPA of 3.5-3.8 made the Academic All-State 2nd Team.
They are: (front from left) Ashley Callier (2nd team), daughter of Michael and Christine Callier; Tiarra Sparkman (2nd team), daughter of Wes and Tammy Sparkman; (back from left) Ashley Wingerter (2nd team), daughter of Kevin and Ramona Wingerter; Casey Brewer (1st team), daughter of Tim and Julie Brewer; and Ashley Hotop (1st team), daughter of Allen and Sheryl Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)