- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Republican candidate withdraws from circuit clerk race
One of the two Republicans who filed for Cape Girardeau County Circuit Clerk announced today that he is withdrawing from the race.
Jason Holloway of Oak Ridge said he was stepping aside from the contest for personal reasons. He did not elaborate.
Holloway's withdrawal leaves Patti Wibbenmeyer, chief deputy circuit clerk, as the only candidate in the race. Unless an independent candidate files nominating petitions or a write-in candidate joins the race, Wibbenmeyer will replace her boss, Charles Hutson, who is retiring after nine terms in office.
Wibbenmeyer has been employed in the circuit clerk's office since 1981. She has been chief deputy since 1999.