- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Women injured in Wednesday night crash near Delta
Two women were injured late Wednesday after the car they were riding in struck an embankment near Delta.
Brittney N. Hutson, 20, of Chaffee, Mo., was driving her 1998 Jeep northbound on County Road 254 around 9:34 p.m., according to a Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report. The Jeep then ran off the roadway and struck the embankment 4 miles west of Delta.
Damage to the Jeep was extensive.
Hutson, who was wearing her seat belt, did not need medical care. But two passengers in the vehicle were transported to Southeast Missouri Hospital. Aelicia Forbes, 21, of Campbell, Mo., was treated for minor injuries while Brittney S. Rodgers, 19, of Bernie, Mo., received treatment for moderate injuries. Neither passenger was wearing a seat belt, the highway patrol said.