- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FENTON, Mo. -- Weldon C. Kirn, 67, of Fenton went home to the arms of the Lord on Tuesday, April 6, 2010.
He was born Jan. 17, 1943, in Perryville, Mo., to the late Arthur and Elvira Gegg Kirn.
Beloved husband of Catherine Straub Kirn; beloved father of Dwayne and Andy Kirn; dearest brother of Glen (Fran) and Norman (Donna) Kirn, Shirley (Bob) Pelker, Darlene Kirn Davies; and brother-in-law of John (Mary) Louis and Beverly Straub. He also was a loving uncle, cousin, pawpaw and friend to all.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1961 to 1964.
He was employed 30 years at Sunnen Products, retiring in 1997. He was never happier than when fishing and talking with family and friends.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. today at Jay B. Smith Funeral Home, 7456 Manchester Ave.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Immaculate Conception Church Maplewood, 2934 Marshall Ave. Interment will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Donations may be made to American Kidney Foundation.
Online tributes at www.jaybsmith.com.