- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hooked on Science: Discover if you are a super taster
Did you know taste is the weakest sense? How well do you taste?
* Piece of paper
* Hole punch
STEP 1: Using the hole punch, make a hole in the paper.
STEP 2: Place the hole against your tongue.
STEP 3: Look into the mirror and count the number of bumps on your tongue.
If you have fewer than 15 bumps inside the hole, you are a poor taster. If you have more than 30 bumps inside the hole, you are a super taster. You have about 10,000 taste buds in your mouth. Research shows women have more taste buds than men.
Jason Lindsey is a Science Outreach Educator with Hooked on Science. Check out his website "Hooked On Science" at hookedonscience.org for webcasts and experiments that might get you hooked on science. Send him your science questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. More science experiments can be found at www.semissourian.com.