Sikeston utility worker electrocuted Tuesday

Thursday, April 8, 2010

SIKESTON, Mo. -- Emergency personnel responded to a report of a 65-year-old Sikeston Board of Municipal Utilities worker being electrocuted on Ingram Road near Route HH shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, the Sikeston Standard Democrat reported.

"He was just going to pull a meter and he got his hand in the meter box too far," said Kenny Stokes, distribution superintendent for BMU. The worker reportedly was alert when emergency personnel arrived and did not suffer any burns from the 480-volt shock, Stokes said, as it "jarred him out" of contact with the meter box. He was taken by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center and released from the hospital by about 3:30 p.m. that same day, according to Stokes.

Map of pertinent addresses

Comments
Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: