- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson Board of Aldermen agenda
7:30 p.m. Monday
Jackson City Hall
101 Court St.
* Consider recording the disposition of certain city records that have met their retention life according to the Missouri secretary of state records retention schedule.
* Approve task order authorization No. 10-03, in the amount of $70,000 to Burns & McDonnell of St. Louis for providing engineering services under the wastewater treatment plant energy upgrade project.
* Support of the city's application to the Southeast Missouri Solid Waste Management District, under its 2010 District Grants Program regarding the Jackson Recycling Center addition project.
* Amend Chapter 41 of the code of ordinances on the maintenance of rights of way and power poles.
* Accept the dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from Thomas and Tava Hecht for the McKendree Hills sanitary sewer district project.
* Approve the preliminary plat of Pioneer Orchard seventh through tenth subdivisions as submitted by Missouri Lakes LLC.
* Support of the city's application to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources under its recreation trail grant program, for phase one of the Hubble Creek Recreation Trail Project.
* Support of the city's application to the Missouri Department of Transportation, under its Safe Routes to School grant program for the education and enforcement of safer routes for the West Lane Elementary School Project.
* Accept the dedication of temporary construction easement deeds from John and Valerie Bollinger, Sheila Jones, Terry Spence, Shawn and Stephanie Stockard, Fred Ward, Rebecca Ward, and Lawrence and Dana Fleming regarding the North Hope Street Improvement Project.
* Approve a special-use permit for pedicure services as a home occupation at 403 Spring View Drive, as submitted by Brenda Martens.
* Approve the rezoning of the future lots in Pioneer Orchard seventh through tenth subdivisions from R-1 (single-family residential) district to R-2 (single-family residential) district and R-3 (one- and two-family residential) district as submitted by Missouri Lakes LLC.