- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Speak Out 4/4/10
Ray of intelligence
THANKS for carrying Gene Lyons' column on your Opinion page. It is the only ray of intelligence I have ever found there.
JUST think of all the money that the insurance companies are going to have as a result of the health care bill, and all that money will go into the stock market. The Democrats are geniuses. Ronald Reagan is out.
Tough on predators
ONCE a predator, always a predator. Putting these people in jail or prison for a few months doesn't stop the craziness. I believe they should have two choices: life in prison or chemical castration. Our children shouldn't be human prey for these sick people.
I see a lot of good things happening in Cape Girardeau: a new children's museum, a new water park, extension of the walking trails. The next thing that needs to be looked at is a pedestrian-friendly downtown with better lighting. I know that it is a remote possibility, but if the train tracks could be routed away from the riverfront it would open up a lot of new opportunities for recreation downtown.
MISSOURI owes $20.5 million to Medicaid thanks to out-of-state privatization. How many voters realize we are paying residents of other states while Missourians are unemployed?
A majority of Americans opposed the health care bill but had it shoved down their throats by the Democratic Party. Big government has now become a much bigger intrusion in our lives. I have always tried to help others with United Way and food pantries and other donations, but now will look after my family and let the government take care of everyone else.