- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community college campus president resigns
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The president of St. Louis Community College's Meramec campus has resigned, a week after he drew complaints for not renewing the contract of a popular vice president.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Paul Pai's letter of resignation on Thursday stated that he wanted to "pursue another direction."
Last week, Pai declined to renew the contract of Stephen Peterson, vice president of student affairs, angering some faculty members and students. It wasn't clear if Pai's resignation will impact Peterson's status.
Pai took over as president of the Meramec campus in mid-2007. His tenure will end on July 1.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com