- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Mildred Irene Allen, 86, of Jefferson City, Mo., formerly of Jackson, died Thursday, April 1, 2010, at her home.
She was born April 10, 1923, in Elvins, Mo., daughter of James Elmer Thomas and Rosa Ellen Nelson Stokely. She was first married to Robert Lee Smith April 18, 1943. He died Nov. 17, 1959. She later married Elmer Allen on Oct. 29, 1985. He died May 17, 1975.
Mildred graduated from Patton High School and was a former member of First General Baptist Church in Jackson. She worked at the former International Shoe Co. and Schaper's IGA in Jackson.
She is survived by a daughter, June (Raymond) Jansen of Jefferson City; three grandchildren, Dawn Christian and Misty (Derick) Miles of Jefferson City, Crystal Jansen of Kansas City, Mo.; four great-grandchildren, Brandon and Grace Christian, Ericka and Brock Miles.
She was preceded in death by six brothers and sisters.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Russell Heights Cemetery, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating.
Arrangements by Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.