- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
First Friday receptions 4/2/10
Paintings by Sikeston, Mo., resident Barbara Ashley Ross will be on display.
631 S. Sprigg St.; 332-7673
The third annual "Sculpture on the Green" exhibit at Edward Bernard will bring visitors outside to see locally sculpted artword from Matt Miller, Paul Schock and more. Reception from 5 to 9 p.m.
107 West Drive, Suite D; 332-7733
New jewelry on display and pottery making sessions for the Empty Bowls Project.
835 Broadway; 332-7123
Arts Council OF SOUTHEAST MISSOURI
More than 45 artists from the Visual Arts Cooperative will stretch their talents to cover the walls in all three spaces in the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri. Members have also set up a Fine Art Minis exhibit with smaller pieces set at smaller prices.
32 N. Main St.; 334-9233
The first joint show with art work from the Cadmium River Group and Cat Ranch Art Guild will be on display in three rooms.
1315 Broadway; 334-7955
Black Door Gallery
James Thurman's whimsical, illustrated interpretations of fairy tales and nursery rhymes will be on display, with a reception from 5 to 9 p.m.
124 S. Spanish St.; 225-7734
The River View Room
Three artists will display art work in a show entitled "Eclectic." Elizabeth Coffey, Kaitlin Hastings and Lindsey Holman will have art in the third floor of Buckner Brewing Co.
123 N. Main St.; 334-4677
The Crowe Gallery
Kyle Gereke and Aaron Picar will display and sell their original photographs to raise money for Summit for Someone.
13 S. Spanish St.; 334-7110
The Artist Studio
The Artist Studio will be showcasing "Acrylic Paintings," created by Patricia Murphy and Tonya Yancey in previous workshop. Visitors can sign up for "Pop Art Portraits," the next workshop. Reception from 6 to 9 p.m.
38A N. Main St.; 573-651-4464
Annie Laurie's Antiques
An outdoor concert by Jefferson Fox and odds and ends on display and for sale.
536 Broadway; 339-1301
Photos of landscapes and landmarks in Southern Illinois from Thomas Azzarello of Carbondale, Ill., will be on display.
11 S. Spanish St.; 339-1661