- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Reducing SS benefits
Is it my imagination or did the following just happen in this country: George W. Bush ran around saying that we have a Social Security crisis because we will eventually have to reduce benefits by about 20 percent; to fix it, he's proposing a new, much more expensive plan that will cut benefits by about 20 percent.
Is that about what happened?
WILLIAM C. STOSINE, Iowa City, Iowa