- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Reducing SS benefits
Is it my imagination or did the following just happen in this country: George W. Bush ran around saying that we have a Social Security crisis because we will eventually have to reduce benefits by about 20 percent; to fix it, he's proposing a new, much more expensive plan that will cut benefits by about 20 percent.
Is that about what happened?
WILLIAM C. STOSINE, Iowa City, Iowa