- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gendron pitches shutout to lift Jackson past Scott City
Jackson pitcher Brandon Gendron threw a complete-game shutout, and the Indians backed him up with plenty of offense in an 8-0 victory at Scott City on Wednesday.
Gendron allowed only three hits while striking out six for the Indians, who improved to 16-2. He also was 2-for-4 at the plate.
Derrick Biri, Chad Minson and Rex Meyr each had two hits for Jackson, which had 10 as a team.
Scott City fell to 7-8.
WP -- Brandon Gendron, 2-0. LP -- Mark Johnston, 2-4. 2B -- Chad Minson (J). 3B -- Rex Meyr (J). Multiple hits -- Jackson, Derrick Biri, Minson, Meyr 2-3; Gendron 2-4. Records -- Jackson 16-2, Scott City 7-8.
JV -- Jackson won 16-4
Oran 16, Hayti 6, 5 innings
Oran took control by scoring nine runs in the bottom of the third against visiting Hayti.
Oran (15-6) had home runs from Caleb Seyer and pitcher Paul Bucher. Bucher drove in three runs, as did Chase Seyer.
Bucher, Caleb Seyer, Chase Seyer, Trevor Irwin, Austin Dumey and Joey Williams each had two hits.
WP -- Paul Bucher, 3-1. LP -- Timmy Garner. HR --Caleb Seyer (O), Bucher (O), Josh White (H). 2B --Trevor Irwin (O), Bucher (O), Chase Seyer (O). Multiple hits -- Oran, Caleb Seyer, Irwin 2-2; Austin Dumey, Joey Williams 2-3; Bucher 2-4. Records --Oran 15-6.
St. Vincent splits
St. Vincent played two makeup games, beating Park Hills Central 4-3 and falling to Hillsboro 4-0.
Against Hillsboro, St. Vincent (7-11) managed just three hits, including a triple by Waylon Richardet and a double by Brian Buchheit.
The Indians' bats woke up a bit against Park Hills, with Alex Armbruster and Joey Guilliams getting two hits apiece. St. Vincent had eight hits, including another triple by Richardet.
Justin Ruessler was the winner.
HILLSBORO 4, ST. VINCENT 0
WP -- Byrd. LP -- Alex Armbruster, 1-1. 2B -- Brian Buchheit (SV). 3B -- Waylon Richardet (SV). Records -- St. Vincent 6-11.
ST. VINCENT 4, PARK HILLS CENTRAL 3
WP -- Justin Ruesler, 2-3. LP -- Calbird. 2B -- Alex Armbruster (SV), Joey Guilliams (SV). 3B -- Waylon Richardet (SV). Multiple hits -- St. Vincent, Guilliams 2-2; Armbruster 2-4. Records -- St. Vincent 7-11.
GIRLS SOCCER Jackson 6, Perryville 0
Jackson ended its regular season on a high note, shutting out visiting Perryville.
The Indians (18-2) led 4-0 at halftime.
Molly Hartmann and Randi Kraust had two goals apiece, with Shay Priester and Alicia Howard adding one each. Erin Curtis assisted on three scores, while Hartmann had two assists and Casey Schwab one.
Kylie Warner had two saves in the shutout.
Perryville goalie Chelsey Marr had 14 saves in the loss.