- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Nixon makes two appointments
* Gov. Jay Nixon appointed Brian P. Kelly of Brentwood, Mo., to be the student representative on the Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents. Kelly is a political science major who has worked on campus as a resident assistant for campus housing and at the university writing center. He replaces Leni P. Fluegge for a term that will expire Jan. 1, 2012.
* Dr. Joel P. Rhodes, associate professor of history and assistant director of the Center for Regional History and Cultural Heritage at Southeast Missouri State University, was appointed Monday to the State Historical Records Advisory Board by Gov. Jay Nixon. The advisory board promotes and supports identification, preservation and access to historic records across the state. Rhodes was appointed to a term that will expire Nov. 1.