- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Ruby E. Sander, 83, of Jackson, passed away Friday, March 26, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 9, 1926, in Tilsit, daughter of Edwin and Emilie Voges Peetz. She and Raymond Sander were married June 18, 1948. He passed away Feb. 22, 1981.
Ruby was baptized and confirmed at St. James Church in Tilsit. She was a member of the Emmanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson where she was very active in Sunday school and other church functions and activities. She enjoyed singing and playing the piano and organ, using her musical talent at church and entertaining at the area nursing homes. She also volunteered at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau for many years.
Always a busy lady, Ruby had worked at the former Cox 5 and 10 Store, the former Litz Poultry Plant and the former Florsheim Shoe Factory, all in Jackson. In 1991 she retired from the LeeRowan plant in Jackson after 20 years. She currently worked part time at the Cash-Book Journal in Jackson.
Loving survivors include a son, Randy (Pam) Sander of Broken Bow, Okla.; a daughter, Barbara (Les) Fluegge of Ocala, Fla.; two sisters, Helen (Edgar) Moll, Bernice (the late Wilford) Overbeck, all of Jackson; a brother, Junior (Elsie) Peetz of Gordonville; two sisters-in-law, Evelyn (the late Clarence) Peetz and Dorothy (the late Wilbert) Peetz of Jackson; her husband's siblings, Blanche (the late Peyton) Schafer of Fayette, Mo., Ruth (Harvey) Nischwitz of Gordonville, and Ralph (Norma Jean) Sander of Golden, Colo. Also surviving are four grandchildren, Michelle, Chris, Brooke and Clay; three great-grandchildren, Bralen, Chaslyn and Kenadi; and many nieces and nephews whom she held close to her heart.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Eldon Peetz, and her husband's sister, Edna (Walter) Lorberg.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Interment will follow in St. James United Church of Christ Cemetery in Tilsit.
Memorials may be made to St. James UCC Cemetery.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.